Latest advice to green card holders:
- Don’t travel out of US till laws are settled. Too much uncertainty now.
- There’s also a rumor that additional countries, considered to “harbor” terrorists, may be added to the visa/travel ban list.
- If you are eligible for citizenship, apply!
- If you can travel without your computer & phone, don’t bring them with you.
- If you have to bring them, save a back up and clean out any sensitive info off of your computer and phone.
- Put a temporary password you don’t use on any other accounts and if asked at border to unlock them, do it privately & protect your password.
- You can ask to talk to a lawyer if your questioning seems to go beyond normal entry questions. Have # of ACLU lawyers or your own lawyer at hand.
- Do not sign any forms at border, which may give up your green card status. Ask to go before a judge.