Family Based Immigration


A US citizen or a Permanent Resident of the US may apply for their spouse and children to obtain a green card and move to the US. A US citizen over the age of 21 years old, may also apply for his/her parent or siblings to obtain green cards and move to the US.

Depending on the family relationship, age of the beneficiary and which country they are from, the timing for visa availabilities will vary. Additionally, the long wait times for visas creates complications in many cases as the beneficiaries may “age out” and turn 21 while waiting for visas to become available to them.

We, at US Immigration Legal Services, will assist you in determining the best route for your family relatives to obtain their green card and permanent residency. We keep up with the pending laws and changing regulations that are meant to help alleviate the long wait times and the “age out” issues facing so many individuals.

Fiancé(e) Visas:

A US citizen can obtain a temporary visa to bring his/her fiancé(e) to the US so they can marry. With the fiancé(e) or K-1 nonimmigrant visa, your fiancé(e) can enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage ceremony can take place. Once you marry, your spouse needs to file for permanent residence and can remain in the United States while his/her green card application is being processed.

There are certain requirements that need to be met to be eligible for a fiance(e) visa. We can assess your particular situation and advise you regarding the best means to proceed.

For more information and a free consultation,
please contact us by email or at 949-667-0976.