Employment Based First Preference (EB1) Extraordinary Ability
How “Extraordinary” do you need to be?
The EB1 category of green cards is one of the most expeditious and least utilized categories under the US immigration laws. The reason it is expeditious is that the “Extraordinary” subcategory of this section provides for a direct petition by the immigrant, not requiring an employer sponsorship, which can save about a year or two in the process.
Under the guideline of USCIS, in order to qualify for an “Extraordinary” status in the fields of arts, athletics, sciences, education and business, you must be able to prove and provide documentary evidence in 3 out of the 10 categories below:
- Evidence of receipt of nationally or internationally recognized prizes or awards for excellence
- Evidence of your membership in associations in the field which demand outstanding achievement of their members
- Evidence of published material about you in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that you have been asked to judge the work of others, either individually or on a panel
- Evidence of your original scientific, scholarly, artistic, athletic, or business-related contributions of major significance to the field
- Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in professional or major trade publications or other major media
- Evidence that your work has been displayed at artistic exhibitions or showcases
- Evidence of your performance of a leading or critical role in distinguished organizations
- Evidence that you command a high salary or other significantly high remuneration in relation to others in the field
- Evidence of your commercial successes in the performing arts
In the alternative, a major International recognition to the level of the Oscars, Pulitzer prize or an Olympic Metal should also do the trick!
If an individual can prove that they have achieved the top few positions in their country in their own particular field, they can potentially qualify for the “Extraordinary” status required for this green card application. Examples of individuals who may be successful at being approved as extraordinary in their fields ranges from various traditional artists, digital media artists, filmmakers, actors, cinematographers, musicians, business entrepreneurs, real estate developers, scientists, researchers, athletes and professors of extraordinary national and international recognition.
Our experts at usils.com will help you develop your case and put together your portfolio in a manner which will be impressive and clear to the immigration authorities reviewing your case.
For a free initial consultation and to determine whether you would qualify,
Please contact us at: email@example.com or
949-667-0976 (for English speaking)
949-505-9575 (for Farsi speaking)